Careers @ Spencer Insurance
Personal Lines Account Manager
Spencer Insurance Agency, Inc.
Part time, 20-30 hrs/week
We are a 2nd generation family-owned insurance agency that has proudly served the community since 1963. We offer many types of insurance including personal, commercial, life, and long-term care. We are looking for someone to join our current team of five people and work primarily on personal lines. Insurance knowledge is a plus but not required. We are happy to train the right candidate. This is a great opportunity for a stay-at-home parent looking to get back into the work force.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls, emails, and texts from clients. Assist them with policy and billing questions, process payments, policy changes, and provide policy documentation as needed
- Monitor incoming correspondence from insurance companies, mortgagees, and lienholders and take action as necessary
- Assist with quoting and issuing policies
- Assist with client onboarding process and marketing/cross sell campaigns
- Develop and sustain relationships with clients and company personnel
- Document and maintain agency management system
- Other duties as assigned
You will be expected to earn your Property/Casualty Insurance License. You will receive study material and will be sent to a pre-licensing class before taking an exam. Continuing Education classes are required each year in order to maintain your license.
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communication and follow up skills are a must
- Must be comfortable speaking with clients and company personnel on the phone
- Willingness to learn and follow procedures
- Must have good computer skills and be open to increased automation of all tasks
- Must be honest and ethical
- Must be able to work independently, be organized, and pay attention to detail
- Experience in customer service preferred
- Paid Time Off
- Employer contribution towards health insurance
- Licensing and continuing education paid for by employer
- Sales incentive plans (once licensed)
Please email email@example.com. In the subject line write, “I am interested in the Personal Lines Account Manager position” and attach a copy of your resume. Do not put your resume in the body of the email. Thank you for your interest!