Spencer Insurance Fall Safety Tips and Valuable Information
As the summer has ended the Fall season begins. Hopefully most of you were able to spend some time this summer relaxing and recharging yourself. Now is the time to take some action to prepare for the winter months. Fall cleanup around your home can save you valuable money and times by reducing homeowner’s claims.
Here are some Fall Tips and information:
- Sunday October 8 to Saturday October 14, 2023 is Fire Prevention Week. This year’s theme is “Cooking safety starts with you!”
- Check out our Fall Maintenance tips for your Home and Auto.
- September is Life Insurance Awareness Month.
- “Like” our Spencer Insurance Agency’s Facebook Page to get updates about Life insurance
- Check out Rachel’s Story. If you have been putting off getting life insurance this is a must read. See why Rachel wished she did not wait. Thank you, Rachel, for sharing your story
- Open enrollment is coming for Group Life insurance and Group Long Term disability Insurance. Check out the following articles
Spencer Insurance Agency hopes you have a wonderful Fall. This is a beautiful time of year in our area so make sure you get out and enjoy the season of Fall. Contact us if you have any questions about the contents of this page or would like us to review your insurance.
Fall Maintenance Tips for your Home and Auto
- Prepare a winter emergency Kit for your home and auto. Check this out for some kit ideas.
- Put the ice scraper and snow removal tool in your car. Remember a few years ago we had a snowstorm in October?
- Check the tread on your tires to make sure you have proper traction in the snow.
- Replace worn wiper blades.
- Prepare a winter emergency Kit for your home and auto. Check out this article for some kit ideas.
- Have your furnace serviced and cleaned by a qualified Technician. Replace your furnace filter.
- Move flammable materials away from your house and attached garage. Keep them in a shed away from your home.
- Insulate pipes that are exposed to cold areas in the house.
- Check for damage to your roof and gutters. Clean any debris from your gutters.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional.
- Clean the clothes dryer exhaust ducts and space under the dryer.
- Check your fire extinguishers to make sure they are not out of date. If you are not sure it’s best to replace them.
- Trim trees around your house so the weight of ice and snow will not cause them to rub against your home.
- If you have a storm sewer near your home, make sure it is clear of any debris like sticks and leaves.
A little maintenance on your home now can save you from having a claim later. This can help you save money on your homeowner’s insurance. For more tips on saving money on your auto and homeowner’s policies go to our website. Enjoy the Fall weather and let’s hope we have a better winter this year. Call us today if we can be of service for any of your insurance needs.