National Teen Driver Safety Week is October 21-27, 2018 this year.
Spencer Insurance Agency wants to help you, the parents of teen drivers. This was the reason behind the Spencer Insurance Agency’s Parent of Teen Drivers website.
Here are some statistics in an article by teendriversource.org:
- 75% of serious teen crashes are due to critical errors such as:
- Lack of scanning that is needed to detect and respond to hazards
- Going too fast for road conditions
- Being distracted by something inside or outside of the car.
- Two or more peer passengers more than triples the risk of a fatal crash with a teen at the wheel.
- Seat belts save lives. How many times have we seen local news reports where a passenger was thrown from the back seat of a car because he was not wearing a seat belt?
Spencer Insurance Agency can help the parents of teen drivers in many ways. We currently have several car insurance companies with very competitive rates for parents with teen drivers in the Philadelphia area. These competitive car insurance rates mean you don’t have to sacrifice coverage to save money on your car insurance premiums.
Spencer Insurance Agency has a website designed for the “Parents of Teen Drivers.” This website includes:
- Tips and suggestions for parents of teen drivers
- Information on some local driving schools
- Links to Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware DMV
- Link to a Safe Teen Driver Course providing 16 hours of lessons to help fulfil the requirement of state law.
Spending some quality time teaching your teen driver to be a safe driver is one of the best things a parent can do to keep their child alive. Teaching by example is the most effective technique. Today, cell phone distraction has become the number one killer of teen drivers, surpassing the number of teenager drinking and driving deaths. What example are you showing your teen driver?
Let Spencer Insurance help you by taking advantage of the material we provide on our “Parent of Teen Drivers” website. And . . . don’t forget to review your auto insurance to make sure you have enough protection as you are 5 times more likely to have an accident in your household if you have a teen driver. Contact us today with any questions.