I apologize if I am repeating myself but we seem to be the last to know some important changes in our client’s lives. Many of life’s events have a huge impact on your insurance. I spoke to a friend recently whose son needed to use an Uber driver frequently. The Uber driver suggested he call him directly and not use the Uber app and he would give him a discount. Sounds good at first but it is a nightmare for you. If the Uber driver does not use the Uber App when picking you up then the driver has no insurance coverage for his car. Uber won’t cover him in this case and the personal auto policy has an exclusion for this activity. Scary, but as I said we are always the last to know important information.
Please contact us and discuss your situation if any of the following life changing events.
- You are getting married
- You are getting separated or divorced
- Having a baby
- Sending a child to live at college
- You are putting your house in your children’s name
- You are putting your house in a trust
- You are downsizing and preparing for retirement
- You have unrelated adults living in your home
- You or your child uses your car for food delivery and/or for Uber or Lyft
Our insurance companies have ways to accommodate most situations but not all. Contact us to discuss your personal situation. Better to contact us before you do any of these life events so we can discuss how to adjust your insurance coverage so you are properly protected.