According to Medicare, at least 70% of people over 65 will need long-term care services at some point. Long-term care includes medical and non-medical care for people who have a chronic illness or disability. Non-medical care includes non-skilled personal care assistance, like help with everyday activities, including dressing, bathing, and using the bathroom.
Check out my report on Long-Term Care Insurance : Spencer’s Tips on Long Term Care. . . What is Long Term Care and How Do I Prepare for It?
You have auto and homeowner’s insurance. Did you know?…
· Chance of a house fire is 1 in 300
· Chance of an auto accident is 1 in 30
· Chance you will need Long-Term Care is 4 in 10 AND
· Chance you will need Long-Term Care if you are over 65 is 7 in 10!
According to Genworth’s Compare the Cost Report, the state median annual costs of services in Pennsylvania for 2012 are:
· Homemaker Services $44,616
· Home Health Aide $45,760
· Adult Day Health Care $14,300
· Assisted Living Facility (private, one bedroom) $39,015
· Nursing Home (semi-private room) $91,652
How many years would it take to deplete your retirement savings?
There are many ways to pay for Long-Term Care. Do you know all the options? Have you discussed the options with your family? Does it make sense for you? Only you can decide after researching. Let us help you. Call us today at 215-885-2200 so we can discuss your options. Or request a quote. As Independent Agents, Spencer Insurance Agency represents many top rated insurance companies and will help you decide which one offers you the plan you need. Don’t rely on an agent who only represents one choice. At Spencer Insurance we understand that the True Cost of Insurance can be much higher if you are not properly protected.