Insurance Fraud manifests itself in many ways. One way is the staged accident. Are you a prime candidate to become a victim of a staged accident? Here are some tips from Foremost Insurance to help you avoid being involved in a staged accident:
- Don’t Tailgate! Tailgaters are viewed as prime targets by people trying to stage an accident.
- Be a defensive driver. If another driver suddenly darts in front of you, slow down and increase the distance between you and that driver.
- If you’re in an accident, take notes on the situation using an auto accident checklist. (Call us for a portfolio and calendar which tells you what to do in the event of an accident. You may also have our ID card holder which has the same instruction)
- Most cell phones have a camera built in, so take a few pictures of the damage to your car and the other car.
- Get the names and addresses of independent witnesses at the accident scene.
- If a collision seems to be a set-up, immediately advise your insurance company and law enforcement officials
For more tips on how to avoid claims and save money on your car insurance, home insurance and life insurance check out our website.