- When possible, do not have the party in a separate part of the house.
- Parents need to stay visible during the party.
- Bring in snacks or non-alcoholic beverages, wander through to say hello.
- It is against the law to provide minors with alcohol.
- Anyone who leaves the party will not be allowed to return.
- Explain to your teen before the party that you are legally responsible for anything that happens to a minor who has been served alcohol in your home and that uninvited guests or those bringing in alcohol or other drugs will be asked to leave.
Here are a few more tips from Master Police Officer James Poer’s Blog:
You can see Master Police Officer James Poer’s Blog, Parental Courage at http://www.parentalcourage.com/.
For more information on how to help your teen become a safe driver check out our website dedicated to Teen driver safety at: www.teendriverinsurance.com/spencer