By Charlie Spencer CLU
Halloween!! It is that time of year again when all the little gremlins will be showing up at our doors. I thought I would pass on some reminders to protect you and the little gremlins.
Last year I saw a sign on a bank door instructing anyone in costume to take off their mask before entering the bank. It reminded me of a Halloween years ago when I was in college and working part time for a major hotel as a room service waiter. The company policy was to allow all employees to come in costume that day. Well we did and had a great time with the guests. However, when I was out delivering a meal a man in costume came into our area and robbed our cashier. Fortunately nobody was hurt and only cash was missing.
So be careful in your offices and businesses to guard against something like this happening to you. Be aware of what is going on around you.
Here are a few more safety tips:
- Make sure your walkways, driveways and porches are clear of obstructions. Are all your decorations out of the path of the children?
- Make sure your paths and porch are well lit.
- Put pets away so they do not escape out of your house or attack a visitor.
- Handle all candles carefully and do not allow the candles to come near the costumes of the visitors. Make sure you extinguish all candles at the end of the night.
- Be careful to park your cars so that the children do not have to walk off the sidewalk and onto the street.
- Be aware of what is going on in the neighborhood and report any suspicious activity.
Be careful to protect your children and to protect yourself from lawsuits. Make sure you have the proper liability protection. Call your agent today!